Christ Ahnsahnghong and Heresy
There is a great difference between men’s thoughts and God’s thoughts.
When we get rid of men’s thoughts and change ourselves with God’s thoughts, we will have the same spirit as the apostles in the early church.
There is a saying that goes, “If you get stoned, build a city with those stones.”
Most people would throw the stones back for revenge but patient people gather those stones and use them to build a city.
In the time of Jesus’ first coming, prophets who believed in Jesus persevered and built a fortified city of faith though they were stoned.
We also should not take revenge in our life of faith even if we may face evil slanders and hindrances. Let’s gather the stones of affliction and use them to build a city.
Though Stephen was stoned, he did not throw the stones back but endured everything. Like this, numerous forefathers of faith preached the gospel and opened the way of salvation despite the false claim that they were heretics.
Faith of Early Christians
- Acts 24:1-5 Five days later the high priest Ananias went down to Caesarea with some of the elders and a lawyer named Tertullus, and they brought their charges against Paul before the governor. When Paul was called in, Tertullus presented his case before Felix: “We have enjoyed a long period of peace under you, and your foresight has brought about reforms in this nation. Everywhere and in every way, most excellent Felix, we acknowledge this with profound gratitude. But in order not to weary you further, I would request that you be kind enough to hear us briefly. “We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect
Apostle Paul was not summoned to the court because he committed a crime. It was because those who got jealous of the gospel accused him. Ananias, the high priest, along with elders and Tertullus, accused Paul, calling him a ringleader of Nazarene Sect.
In that time, those who believed in Jesus who is worshiped and admired now were labeled as heretics and persecuted.?However, truth always has its followers.
The Reason why Followers of Judaism call Christianity Heresy
The people who followed Judaism believed that God could not come as a man. At that time, Christianity was a new religion that believed God could come in the flesh and Jesus was that God Almighty.
That was the difference in faith between Judaism and Christianity. Nowadays, people also deny God’s coming in the flesh just as people did 2000 years ago. Even if they persecute us like 2000 years ago, we should persevere.
Why did God come in the flesh in the way people could not understand him?
Unless God comes in the flesh, the way of salvation for humankind through forgiveness of sins cannot be opened.
Christ who is the Mystery
- John 10:25-33 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?” “We are not stoning you for any of these,” replied the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
2000 years ago, Jews tried to stone Jesus, saying, “You, a mere man, claim to be God.” Jesus proclaimed that he and God were one, testifying that he was God Almighty. At that time, how was people’s reaction? They tried to stone him. People who ended up crucifying Jesus had this thought that God could not come as a man.
Nevertheless, Paul and other apostles strongly testified about the reason God should come in the flesh. It is the same in this age. Even those who claim to believe in God think God should only exist as a spiritual being.
If someone insists that God cannot come in the flesh, he is not Christian because he does not know the core teaching of Christianity. Christianity is a religion that believes in God in the flesh. The core of Christian faith is Jesus, isn’t it? Jesus came to this earth as a man and slept, walked and ate like a man and preached the gospel.
He hid all his power and divinity in commonness and fulfilled the work of the gospel in the same flesh that we have. Isn’t it hard to believe this? That is why Jesus is the mystery.
- Col. 2:1-2 I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ,
If Christ came with thousands of angels in glory, do you think he could be the mystery? Because he came as a man from a humble carpenter’s family, he was the mystery. Jesus received much persecution and people looked down on him due to his family background. He was even called crazy.
Then, why did God come in such a lowly form by appearing as a man?
If God revealed his glory, do you think false prophets could persecute Jesus and the apostles who followed him? They would never have done that.
Because God came in the flesh, the falsehood of religious leaders of that time was exposed.
God came in secret to separate his true people from false people.
When Jesus preached the kingdom of God, teachers of the law and Pharisees tried to stone Jesus who looked inferior to them.
Nowadays, Christians also believe that God is omniscient and omnipotent. If God cannot come as a man, can he be called omniscient and omnipotent?
- 1 John 4:1-3 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
The Bible teaches us how to distinguish between the Spirit of God and the spirit of the antichrist.
The religious leaders denied Jesus who came in the flesh and persecuted Christians while apostles believed in Jesus and received persecutions. Now, who is proved to be correct? People say that the apostles who were martyred while testifying that Jesus who came in the flesh was Christ were correct. God put the glorious crown of victory on them.
Christ who Comes a Second Time
- Heb 9:27-28 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
Coming a second time implies that he would come in the same condition he came for the first time, doesn’t it?
Does first and second mean he came in the flesh? Or came in spirit? It must mean he came in the flesh because he is always with us spiritually.
For this reason, we call Jesus who came in the flesh to Israel 2000 years ago First Coming Christ.
He will come in the flesh a second time just as he did for the first time.
- 1 Cor 4:1-5 So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men’s hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.
Only when Christ comes a second time, can our spiritual eyes which can discern right from wrong be opened. Second Coming is not for judgment but for salvation.
If this verse is about his last coming for judgment, we would be judged without knowing what is right or wrong. That would be unfair.
For this reason, Second Coming Christ should come to this earth in the flesh and lead us to Zion by letting us discern truth from falsehood.
- Micah 4:1-5 In the last days the mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established as chief among the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and peoples will stream to it. Many nations will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.” The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He will judge between many peoples and will settle disputes for strong nations far and wide. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Every man will sit under his own vine and under his own fig tree, and no one will make them afraid, for the Lord Almighty has spoken. All the nations may walk in the name of their gods; we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.
- Rom 11:25-27 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.
- Isa 52:7-8 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion,“Your God reigns! Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices; together they shout for joy. When the Lord returns to Zion, they will see it with their own eyes.
We have to meet God who is coming in the flesh to Zion.
We should find out what he teaches and where he comes from.
The Bible is the word for our salvation. For this reason, we should completely understand God first who is the source of salvation.
Though the world throws stones at Second Coming Christ, it does not mean his word is wrong. Let’s study the words of Christ Ahnsahnghong and Heavenly Mother whom the Bible testifies about and receive them.